Cyclopark is a CTC affiliated centre and they operate on behalf of Kent county council. Following a 10-month construction period, they opened officially in 2012 and were funded by Kent County Council, Sport England, the Colyer-Fergusson Trust, British Cycling and the Homes and Communities Agency.
They are located in the north of Kent, close to the M25, and just over 8 miles east of Dartford. The park was short-listed for the 2014 Kent Design Awards.
They are a purpose-built multi-sports centre and besides inclusive cycling, welcome all types of cyclists from the gentle to the extreme sports bike rider. They have a fantastic range of bikes to hire for all sorts of reasons and cater for all ages. This includes different levels of BMX bikes for the cross-country adventurous, Elliptigo's for fitness fanatics and Striders for young kids to learn how to balance. They offer an exciting cycle-based play area, skaters and runners can enjoy fun at the park too and the protected bridlepath provides links to wider countryside locations.
There are lots of events every month, please see their what's on page for further information.
They are keen to develop relationships with businesses who share similar visions. Please contact them to discuss.
Please take a look on their flickr site for centre photos.
- Formally known as Cycloablity, Cyclo4all ensures that all activities across Cyclopark are inclusive.
- First time visitors should turn up on a Wednesday morning for an assessment, please book a slot between 09:30 til 12:30pm.
- Volunteers will help riders choose a suitable bike for their needs.
- Once you are signed off as competent, you are able to ride around the entire Cyclopark Circuit.
- Booking is required.
- The centre boasts a great fleet of adapted cycles.
- Helmets must be worn
- Riders enjoy cycling on smooth and wide tarmac surfaces.
- There are a number of smaller circuits to chose from.
- The centre additionally offers Cyclo4All Spin Classes on a Thursday morning at 11am, booking is essential.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
Cyclopark has a changing places facilities
£4.00 per hire
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
Additional Events Support
By Bike: on NCN route 117
By Bus: 416, 750, 751, 769
By Road: off Wrothman Road, near A2 Watling Street
By Rail: Gravesend
Open: all year
Wintertime: Mon - Thur 9am til 9pm; Fri 9am til 7pm; Sat & Sun 9am til 5pm
Summertime: Mon - Fri 9am til 9pm: Sat & Sun 9am til 7pm
Sessions: anytime after induction, upon booking