Cycle Penistone is a Cycling UK affiliated centre and a Community Interest Company, (CIC).
The centre has a variety of bike related services and includes a repairs and maintenance workshop, as well as a relaxing coffee shop.
The centre is situated on the Trans Pennine Trail, a traffic free cycle route and a perfect place to hire a bike and just ride off. The centre has many types of cycles for hire, for all ages and abilities. Whether your interest is an enjoyable family ride, a leisurely exploration on your own, a challenging coast to coast cycle or an inclusive cycle on an adapted cycle, this centre is equipped for most cycle needs.
Besides exploring the Trans Pennine Trail, the surrounding area has many cycle routes to offer and the centre is happy to advise. These include picturesque places like the Langsett Reservoir, Dunford Bridge, Glossop, Wortely, Oxspring or Millhouse Green. Or for the really adventurous, a coast to coast trip from Southport to Hornsea, is approximately 207 miles.
The centre supports the community through offering cycling opportunities and discounts for fundraising, local projects and other events. If you are interested in a partnering with them, please contact them directly.
- Cycle Penistone offers the inclusive cyclist the enjoyment and freedom of riding along the Trans Pennine Trail. Please see the trails west and central maps of location.
- The trail is a smooth, part-tarmac, well-surfaced pathway.
- The path varies in width, in some parts the path is a challenging 3-foot wide.
- Riders can cycle for 5 miles along the path in either direction.
- Adapted cycles are hired on an hourly basis and riders have the choice of booking a led-ride, cycling off with friends and family or just riding off under their own steam.
- The centre has a wide range of bikes to suit most needs, please contact them to enquire and to discuss your needs and book beforehand.
- Booking is essential and ability assessments are undertaken with all participants.
- Cycle Penistone cater for all-ability cyclists and have a wide and excellent range of bikes for adults and children to hire.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
Bikes can be stored overnight if required and on prior arrangement.
Bikes from £5.00 per hour
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
- Sessional Support
- Additional Events Support
- Cycle Maintenance
- Other opportunities (please specify)
Old Station Yard
off St Marys Street
By Bike: on NCN route 62
By Bus: 300
By Road: off B6462, A628
By Rail: Penistone
Open: 7 days a week
Adapted bikes to hire, available for 1 hour plus