Covid officer's toolkit
Covid officer's toolkit
The Covid officer is a role we have created this year to comply with government guidance for returning to group riding safely. In some nations, this role is compulsory (Scotland) and in all the others, Cycling UK strongly recommends it.
What are the main tasks of a cycling group Covid officer?
The volunteer Covid officer will help the group oversee and implement public health and safety measures to help it operate in a safe manner.
Their tasks may include:
- Undertaking nation-specific coronavirus training offered by Cycling UK (Note: there is one module for Scotland, one covering England and Northern Ireland, and one for Wales for which there is a small charge).
- Being the main point of contact for their group with regards to coronavirus
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest Coronavirus Guidance from Cycling UK and the relevant guidance from their own nation
- Ensuring club policies and procedures are updated in relation to coronavirus
- Ensuring the group has appropriate processes in place, such as keeping accurate records of attendees and risk assessments of specific activities
- Ensuring there is awareness among your group of coronavirus protocols
- Encouraging members and participants to take individual responsibility and undertake Covid-19 awareness training provided by Cycling UK where appropriate
How to access Covid training
Volunteer Covid officers will need to complete Covid training which can be accessed in our volunteer platform Assemble. To access the training, log in to Assemble, go to your profile details (top right of the screen) and click on Training to see all available modules.
How to apply
- If you are an existing volunteer, ask your Cycling UK Member Group secretary, or main contact if you are from an affiliated group, to log in to our volunteer platform Assemble and add the Covid officer role to your profile.
- If you are a secretary or main contact yourself, decide who you think would be most suitable to take on the role and, after consultation with them, add the Covid officer role to their profile on Assemble. Note that you cannot allocate the role to yourself on Assemble so contact the the Volunteering Team, who can do it for you.
- If you are not from a group currently affiliated to Cycling UK, please contact the Volunteering Team if you have any questions about this or any other role.