Teach adults or children essential skills for everyday cycling.
During the course, you will:
- focus on the delivery and assessment for each Bikeability level (Level 1, 2 and 3).
- learn how to choose appropriate environments to deliver cycle training.
- learn to risk-assess training environments and manage risks for trainees.
- develop a range of teaching techniques for children and adults.
- build understanding of the role and responsibilities of an instructor.
- check bikes & equipment for use in training.
- learn group management techniques.
Bikeability is about gaining practical skills and understanding how to cycle on today’s roads.
This 4-day course prepares you to deliver National Standard cycle training - also known as Bikeability - across all levels and age groups. It is the nationally recognised qualification for general cycling skills. With a mixture of classroom-based and hands-on learning, the course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a cycle trainer.
To become a qualified cycle instructor you will need to undergo a Post Course Assessment within 6 months of completing your training.
Cycling UK is a level 2 Recognised Delivery Centre as certified by 1st 4 Sport.