Bike Club's main aims are to:
- encourage young people to use cycling as a means of transport so they can take part in more activities beyond the school day
- make cycling an important part of young people’s lives – as recreation, sport, exercise, a ‘green’ form of transport – and just for fun!
- help kids and youths to discover the freedom that cycling brings
How does Bike Club do this?
- A wide range of cycling activities for children and young people, as well as for parents
- Cycling activities that include everyone, like children and young people from black and minority ethnic groups (BME groups), those from low-income families, and children and young people with disabilities or other additional needs
- Tackling parents’ concerns about letting their children cycle
- Empowering children, young people, parents, teachers, youth workers, volunteers and others to promote and implement cycling activities
For further information contact Cycling UK's Head of Development England, Laura Hales.