Bike Club's main aims are to:
- encourage young people to use cycling as a means of transport so they can take part in more activities beyond the school day
- make cycling an important part of young people’s lives – as recreation, sport, exercise, a ‘green’ form of transport – and just for fun!
- help kids and youths to discover the freedom that cycling brings
How does Bike Club do this?
- A wide range of cycling activities for children and young people, as well as for parents
- Cycling activities that include everyone, like children and young people from black and minority ethnic groups (BME groups), those from low-income families, and children and young people with disabilities or other additional needs
- Tackling parents’ concerns about letting their children cycle
- Empowering children, young people, parents, teachers, youth workers, volunteers and others to promote and implement cycling activities
Cycling UK continues to support the UK to cycle
This remains true during this difficult period with the ongoing threat of coronavirus Covid-19