Marketing engagement officer
Location: Home-based currently due to UK coronavirus restrictions. Working at Guildford HQ when office reopens.
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, full time (37.5hrs)
Cycling UK, the UK’s cycling charity, is on a mission to make a better world by bike and looking for a creative marketeer, passionate about motivating audiences and making a difference, to join us.
For more than 140 years, Cycling UK has been inspiring people to ride, and with the amazing support of our members, supporters, and volunteers we’re bringing about real change.
We run Bike Week, the annual Women’s Festival of Cycling and inspire around 60,000 people every year to overcome the barriers stopping them cycling through our Big Bike Revival programme. We’re also making cycling safer through our campaigning work, lobbying Government to spend more money on infrastructure and educating drivers on sharing the roads safely.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive marketing engagement officer to join our growing team to help promote our wide range of activities to various audiences, utilising the full marketing mix to develop our brand and raise the profile of cycling.
You will make an impact creating and delivering influential marketing promotions, including:
- Shaping projects that will engage a variety of audiences, including events.
- Delivering high quality content, including web, digital and email marketing as well as printed materials, that effectively promote the charity’s aims.
- Creatively developing activities to bring to life our messages.
- Applying skills and knowledge to support strategic objectives and business plans.
If you’re excited by the prospect of inspiring the UK about the amazing benefits of cycling, we want to hear from you.
To be successful you’ll have:
- Proven experience in marketing and event management, in commercial or charity sector.
- Experience of working across a broad range of marketing channels including web, social (including paid advertising), email marketing and print.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and copy writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive, plan, deal with competing priorities and work collaboratively.
- Ability to translate strategies into tactical plans.
Tell us why you are the person to drive impact in this capacity and change lives.
Explore the job description for full details on this exciting opportunity. Complete the application form expressing why you are the right candidate for this opening and send to email@example.com.
Focus on gearing your supporting statement to exemplify how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly referring to both the job description and person specification. This enables the selection panel to assess your relative strengths against the specified criteria.
Apply before 09:00 23 June 2021