Marketing Engagement Officer
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Are you a creative marketeer, passionate about motivating audiences and making a difference?
Cycling UK, the national cycling charity, is on a mission to inspire a million more people onto their bikes. We’re not about winning medals, but about helping people who will benefit from cycling the most, whether that’s a refugee who never learned to cycle or people suffering from mental or physical illnesses who we support on their road to recovery.
We run Bike Week, the annual Women’s Festival of Cycling and inspire around 60,000 people every year to overcome the barriers stopping them cycling through our Big Bike Revival programme. We’re also making cycling safer through our campaigning work, lobbying Government to spend more money on infrastructure and educating drivers on sharing the roads safely.
We’re looking for a proactive Marketing Engagement Officer, supporting the growth of our national campaigns that raise the profile of cycling, including Bike Week and Women’s Festival of Cycling.
You will have a big impact creating and delivering impactful marketing promotions that support our engagement and influencing work.
We need someone who can shape activities that will engage a variety of audiences across the country, delivering high quality projects and events that contribute towards the charity’s aim to get a million more people cycling.
With a sound understanding of marketing tools, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills across a range of projects, including writing newsletters, developing digital content and creating printed materials, as well as project managing events and speaking opportunities.
If you’re excited by the prospect of inspiring the nation about the amazing benefits of cycling, we want to hear from you.
To be successful you’ll need:
- Proven experience in marketing or event management, in commercial or charity sector
- Experience of working across a broad range of marketing channels including web, social, email and print
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and copy writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to be proactive, plan, balance, cope with competing priorities and work collaboratively
- Ability to translate strategies into tactical plans, lead on implementation
To apply for this post, please complete the application form and send with your CV and a covering letter explaining why we absolutely must consider you for the job to Sue.Cherry@cyclinguk.org. Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon Monday 10 February and interviews will take place on Monday 17 February at our offices in Guildford.