For immediate release: CTC, the national cycling charity presented its elite women’s cycling team on Saturday at the London Bike Show.
Despite the snowfall many had braved the weather to visit the London Bike Show and Team CTC, the five rider strong women’s team, got a warm reception from the audience on the Jaguar stage.
Riders and team sponsors were introduced on stage by team manager, Steven Bailey, who also doubles up as Cycling Development Manager for the national cycling charity.
Confirmed Team CTC riders are; Lydia Boylan (Elite), Nicola Juniper (Cat 2), Helen McKay (Cat 2), Tamina Oliver (Cat 1) and Astrid Wingler (Cat 2). The riders are already busy looking ahead and preparing for their season’s first race in Redbridge – the first leg of the Women’s Team Race Series. Nicola Juniper was unable to join the launch event, as she’s training abroad as part of her pre-season race preparation.
The team will compete in six overseas high profile UCI races, the National Women’s Individual and Team Road Race series, whilst also taking part in the fast Smithfield and Newport nocturnes. Riders on the team will also act as cycling ambassadors, encouraging cycling as part of an active lifestyle by taking part in events and mass participation rides.
The team is backed by green energy uk and protected by specialist cycle insurers Butterworth Spengler. Team riders will be kitted out by Madison and equipped with top-end N7even 2013 bikes by Merlin Cycles. Kinetic and Cliff Bars are the latest sponsors to confirm their support for the team.
To celebrate the launch of Team CTC, green energy is giving away a new N7even Majoris road bike! To take part visit green energy uk's Facebook page .
High res images from the launch event at the Bike Show are available for download here :
High res rider portraits and team shots are available for download here 
Individual rider profiles are available 
Riders, sponsors, team manager and CTC Chief Executive, Gordon Seabright are available for interview and comment by phone.
1. CTC is the UK’s largest cycling charity with 69,000 members. Established in 1878 CTC is also the oldest cycling membership body in the UK and continues to inspire and help people to cycle and keep cycling, whatever kind of cycling they do or would like to do. Over a century’s experience tells us that cycling is more than useful transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone. Visit www.ctc.org.uk 
2. CTC is the cycling organisation with the largest percentage of women members at 25%. CTC has always supported female cyclists, since our earliest days when we took up the case of Lady Haberton, who was banned from wearing ‘rational dress’ when she cycled to an inn for lunch in 1899. Over a century later, CTC is still working to get more women on wheels and Team CTC will form part of the efforts to inspire more women to take up cycling.
3. green energy uk is an electricity supplier that doesn’t act like one. A practical, down-to-earth and honest company. It doesn't exist to save the world. It doesn't want to be the biggest energy company around. It just wants more people to use sustainable energy. Supplying electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK, green energy uk prides itself on putting customers first with its customer share scheme and UK-based service team manned by real people. CTC has recently made the decision to switch to green energy UK as supplier for the national office. http://www.greenenergy.uk.com 
4. Butterworth Spengler Insurance Group was founded in 1924 and is one of the UK’s longest established and fastest growing independent insurance brokers. Butterworth Spengler’s bicycle insurance products have been developed over 25 years and provide a range of covers aimed at individual cyclists, cycle retailers, mechanics, cycle hire schemes and cycle trainers but expertise also extends to all professional, commercial and manufacturing sectors.http://butterworthspengler.co.uk
5. Merlin Cycles are one the UK's longest established online bike shops and mail order specialists. Established in 1993 Merlin quickly became one of the best known sources for all the top quality mountain bike equipment and more recently road bike equipment from the most respected manufacturer. The N7even collection of bikes is exclusively available through Merlin Cycles Lancashire www.merlincycles.com