Not able to make any of the public courses listed?
Got a group of four or more like-minded people who are all looking for the same course?
Got a suitable venue with appropriate riding on the doorstep and meeting room / classroom facilities?
...Then we could come to you and deliver a private course.
What is a private course?
Private courses form about 75% of all the courses Cycling UK delivers. They are designed to provide you and your colleagues with the right qualification at your base or location. Essentially, instead of you coming to us, we come to you.
Virtually all of Cycling UK's courses can be delivered privately. All courses have specific requirements in terms of riding and facilities, some being a little more specialist than others ('Skill Instructor', for example). To discuss these, please contact us directly.
How do they work?
Basically, we coordinate with you to deliver your course directly. You receive the same course to same high standard that we deliver across the country as public courses, and your course will undergo the same rigorous reviews, inspections and support to ensure our renowned quality and delivery mechanisms are retained.
A detailed process diagram is available in the 'Private Course Procedure' download at the bottom of this page.
We recommend at least 2-3 months' notice between enquiring about your course and it actually running. This helps ensure you and your colleagues' diaries can be kept free for the agreed date and we can undergo the appropriate checks and preparation to make sure your course fulfils all your needs.
Why set up a Private Course?
Private courses offer several advantages over public courses, where appropriately used:
- It's your course - we work with you to shape the contents, dates and location to suit, around the framework of the qualification;
- Your existing venue or base may be used (provided it fulfils the course requirements), reducing the burden of your colleagues' travel, food, accommodation and time;
- Private courses can work out at a lower cost per person. We charge a flat fee per trainer, so the more people attending (up to the ratio limit), the lower the cost each. With a full course of 12, you could reduce your cost per trainee by as much as £150;
- The course can use your local area, so particular tips and tricks in and around your regular riding routes can aid your future activity delivery;
- You can choose your preferred date for the course. With 25 trainers and a bit of notice, we can fulfil virtually any date(s) of your choosing; midweek, weekend, term time, holiday periods and bank holidays are all possible. We do make exceptions for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year though!
- We cover the UK, and the world. Our trainers are widely distributed across the UK and Europe, so we can get to any venue easily. We also work worldwide, and have provided courses as far afield as Canada, Cuba, Egypt and India.
Who can access Private Courses?
- If you have a group of colleagues looking for the same course, then you can set up a private course;
- This could be a company or organisation, a group of friends, employees or volunteers;
- We provide private courses for a multitude of local authorities; multi and single site companies and activity providers; active holiday companies; schools, colleges and youth organisations; clubs and trail building groups. In fact, any group of like-minded people who are all looking for the same qualification.
There are downloadable documents at the bottom of this page to explain more about Private Courses.
- 'Private Course Information' guides you through the detail of what Private Courses are, how many people can access them, what is required of venues and which courses can be delivered in the Private format;
- 'Private Course Procedure' shows the steps in setting up a Private Course from enquiry;
- 'Venue Requirements' identifies what teaching, riding and maintenance facilities private courses need;
- 'Expression of interest form'. No commitment from you, but sets us both up to look at the detail of what you might need and when.
Of course, you are likely to have specific questions and even may just want to discuss options and preferences, so feel free to contact us. Dan at the Training Office can help with your queries.
- Tel: 0844 736 8463
- Email us