Firstly, decide whether you are posting a Ride or an Event. The information below will help you differentiate between the two.
1) Go to your group homepage e.g. Southampton & Romsey - you can find all groups on the Local Groups homepage.
2) Click on the Create a Ride or Event link in the sidebar menu.
3) When this loads, select either Ride or Event depending on what you're creating. Choose Ride for regular group rides or socials such as club runs or AGMs or events open to the public with just one ride or activity. Choose Event for rides open to both Cycling UK members and the public and also Tourist Competition events or for events with multiple ride options.
4) On the next page, you will be presented with a form that needs to be completed for your Ride or Event.
The following fields are the minimum that we require you to complete for a Ride:
- Name, for example, "Romsey Round 75 miles"
- Date and time, for example, "02/02/2014" and "09:00"
- Type, for example, a "road ride" or "AGM"
- Location, town and postcode - see below for more detailed information
- Contact name, for example, "Robin Smith"
More detailed information about specific fields:
You can upload an image or photo from your computer that will show on the Ride page. The image needs to be at least 374 pixels wide and 250 pixels high and a maximum of 1000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high.
Unsure about the size of your image? Use the Free Online Picture Resizing Tool to find out the size of your image and resize it.
It is possible to set a repeat for a Ride, so that a single Ride page can be created and shown in the events listing multiple times. For example, the picture below shows a Ride with a start date and time of Sunday February 2nd 2014 and by setting a repeat of "Every Weeks" until Sunday February 1st 2014, this Ride will show as being repeated every Sunday until Sunday February 1st 2014.
Setting a Ride as cancelled will add a message to the Ride saying that this Ride has been cancelled. The Ride will still be available in the events listing.
Location is a required field and can be completed by entering the location for the ride (a post code or place name) into the "Search for an address" box (see #1 on the picture below). It is an auto-complete box, and so when you are typing you will be offered suggestions for the location you are looking for. When you see the correct location suggested underneath the box, please click on it. The map will then zoom to that location and the Town and Post code boxes underneath the map (see #2 on the picture below) will also be completed.