For more on incorporating cycling in local transport plans, see our advice on Cycling as a Local Solution
- This could be a big task. Be realistic about its chance of success before embarking.
- It is particularly important that this is done professionally and realistically. CTC and other national and regional cycling organisations can help with advice and information on many aspects of cycling.
- Present the easiest and most popular proposals as top priority. Spend the first pound well so that the council or company receives positive feedback early on in a program.
- Circulate your model and ask for comments.
- Present it to relevant committees, managers, etc.
- Publicise it widely. Use the process as an opportunity to clarify thinking in your organisation.