To promote Space for Cycling and demonstrate local interest in cycling, a national series of campaign rides and events is planned for 22nd April. We will be joining this in Oxfordshire, with a gathering outside County Hall in Oxford at 2pm. There we will show our map of a proposed Strategic Cycle Network for Oxfordshire, and give candidates for the County Council elections the opportunity to communicate their support for cycling to the assembled cyclists and media.
Please join us if you can at this event.
- Join one of the groups riding in from many towns across the County.
- Groups riding in confirmed from: Eynsham/Farmoor/Botley (BikeSafe), Faringdon (Farcycles), Wallingford (CTC Wallingford), Wantage (Cycling UK Wantage), Witney (Windrush Bike Project)
- Groups to be confirmed from: Bicester and others
- Please contact me if you would like to add to the list.
- Or join at one of Oxford’s Park and Rides at 1:00pm or 1:15pm.
- Or just meet at outside County Hall at 2pm – you don’t even need to bring your bike.
If you can’t make it on the day, please email or ask your candidates whether they have signed up to support Space for Cycling.
More information and links to rides will follow in early April.