This course includes:
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling
- Degrease, clean and lubricate
- Brakes - caliper adjustment, hydraulic brake bleeding
- Gears - cable replacement, lubrication, mech removal, replacement and positioning
- Transmission - chainset, pedal, chainring and bottom bracket removal and replacement
- Transmission - cassette and free hub removal and replacement
- Headset - a headset strip, lube and refit
- Wheels - trailside wheel truing; disc removal and replacement
- Lubrication - all items stripped and replaced through the course
- Wear and tear - managing your bike and extending component life
Please note that this course does not cover suspension maintenance, headset fitting or frame / thread facing or cutting.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
MTB Leader Award .
First Aid Courses.