National Standard Instructor
This four-day course prepares you to deliver National Standard cycle training - also known as Bikeability - across all levels and age groups. It is the nationally recognised qualification for general cycling skills. With a mixture of classroom-based and hands-on learning, the course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be a cycle trainer.
To become a qualified NSI you will need to undergo an assessment at a later date.
Cycling UK is a member and supporter of The Association of Bikeability Schemes (TABS), the body that represents the cycle training industry. For more information go to www.tabs-uk.org.uk or email email@example.com
During the course, you will:
- focus on the delivery and assessment for each Bikeability level (Level 1, 2 and 3).
- learn about choosing appropriate environments to deliver cycle training.
- learn to risk-assessing training environments and manage risk for trainees.
- develop a range of teaching techniques for children and adults.
- build understanding the role and responsibilities of an instructor.
- check bikes & equipment for use in training.
- learn group management techniques.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
First Aid - for Courses please see the Course Calendar.
1 Day First Aid in the Outdoors.
2 Day First Aid in the Outdoors. This course meets the requirements of a number of National Governing bodies including MLTE.
Both courses have been developed with cyclists in mind.