MTB Skills Instructor: Urban
Retaining CTC's widely acknowledged integrated training and assessment mechanism means that the 2-day course covers all the personal and skill development, coaching techniques and principles required to complete the course.
Taking key elements from the Trail Mountain Bike Leader Award and the higher level MTB Skills Instructor Award courses, the Skills Instructor Urban enables volunteers and professionals to utilise and pass on CTC's vast knowledge and application of cutting edge skill development techniques.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
What you need
Prior to attending you will:
- Have at least one years experience of regular riding experience in terrain similar to that of the area to be used. This should be a minimum of 50 rides or sessions.
- You should be competent at riding throughout the area being used.
- Have an interest in developing others riding skills and have specifically helped your peers or group members develop some level of riding skills and confidence, appropriate to the riders needs.
- We recommend that you hold a valid and appropriate First Aid certificate (or obtain one shortly after your course).
- Be 18 years of age or more.
The Skill Instructor Urban Award enables the fundamentals of riding skills development and teaching. You can continue to extend your knowledge, understanding and capacities through the: