Safe Working Practice: Technical Areas
This course covers:
- Riding skills in technical environments, competencies and identifying your own limitations
- Additional equipment requirements and use
- Weather factors in remote environments
- Extended detail navigation skills using map, compass and bike speedo
- Advanced trailside repairs
- Accident prevention and management; considering the environment in making judgements
- Communication techniques in more remote locations
8 hours over one day
Technical riding which means more demanding tracks and trails.
Combined training and assessment
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
What you need
Prior to attending this course, you will:
- Have successfully completed the Safe Working Practice: Fundamentals course.
- Have one years (minimum 30 rides) experience in riding in Technical terrain.
- Have practised using maps and speedos for base contact procedures and route finding.
- Have attempted (under guidance where neccesary) additional maintenance skills including gear indexing and brake adjustment.