Mountain Bike Leader
Mountain biking is one of the most accessible, enjoyable introductions to group cycling. Cycling UK's Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to lead groups on gentle terrain - less than 600m above sea level and without the need for riders to steer a path around obstacles. The course includes tuition for your own off-road skills, and assessment of your new-found skills.
Please note: During the course you may ride at a level above that of Trail level terrain.
This course will equip you to:
- Lead groups of adults, young people and children on rides
- Manage groups with a range of riding experience
- Prepare for rides, anticipate and minimise safety factors
- Develop and apply risk assessments, operating procedures and dynamic risk management
- Provide fun, engaging and developmental sessions for your participants
- Understand access rights across the UK and beyond
- Complete and review rides, using self-reflective principles
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
|14 Apr 2017||Cotton Town Bikes||Details...|
|14 Apr 2017||Young Bristol||Details...|
|28 Apr 2017||Stage 1 Cycles||Details...|
|2 Jun 2017||Dalby Forest||Details...|
|9 Jun 2017||Cotton Town Bikes||Details...|
|9 Jun 2017||Atlantic Outdoors||Details...|
|16 Jun 2017||Debden House Conference & Camping Centre||Details...|
|4 Aug 2017||Cotton Town Bikes||Details...|
What you need
- At least one year's experience of regular riding in easy off-road terrain - a minimum of 30 rides.
- Comfortably ride in Red Terrain.
- Have ridden in poor weather.
- Logbook of rides.
- Ability to ride 16km in Off Road terrain.
- Minimum age 18
After achieving the Mountain Bike Leader award, your next step may be to consider becoming an Advanced Mountain Bike Leader - enabling you to lead rides in more challenging terrain.
A new award is being developed with the European organisation of Mountain Bike Instructors - Guides (E0-MTBInG)
Cycling UK is Currently mapping across the awards together with MIAS, MBCUK to develop a European Licence for MTB Guides.
Expedition Module - New for 2017. This module covers all aspects of multi day riding.
1 Day First Aid in the Outdoors.
2 Day First Aid in the Outdoors. This course meets the requirements of a number of National Governing bodies including MLTE.
Both courses have been developed with cyclists in mind.
Please see the Course Calendar for more information.