Advanced Mountain Bike Leader
Extending your knowledge and skills from your Cycling UK Mountain Bike Leader course, the Advanced Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to guide riders into technical and demanding terrain.
This course is widely recognised as one of the benchmarks of competence with the outdoor education and activity industries - including holiday guides, teachers, youth workers and multi-activity instructors in the UK and abroad.
Cycling UK's Advanced Mountain Bike Leader course covers:
- riding on technical ground
- managing your group in technical ground: developing skills and identifying hazards
- navigating accurately and in detail
- dealing with mechanical incidents with a wide variety of trailside repairs and fixes
- motivating, engaging and educating your group members
- delivering skills development sessions for your participants as part of rides
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
What you need
- Cycling UK Mountain Bike Leader course
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- min age 18
- A logbook of led rides in trail terrain (minimum of 6, but evidence of 20 or more leader experiences) and 12 personal rides (covering at least three geologically different areas) in technical terrain
- Riding in Poor weather
A new award is being developed with the European organisation of Mountain Bike Instructors - Guides (E0-MTBInG)
Cycling UK is Currently mapping across the awards together with MIAS, MBCUK to develop a European Licence for MTB Guides.
Expedition Module - New for 2017. This module covers all aspects of multi day riding.