Assuming a substantial amount of prior knowledge and the capacity to adapt, contextualise and implement compressed and selected information and best practice, the Fast Tracker course is a shorter course enabling achievement of the Trail MTB Bike Leader Award and swift progression onto the Technical MTB Bike Leader Award.
The Fast Tracker comprises a very focused support course utilising the key elements of the renowned CTC leading principles and learning ethos. This means that you gain the benefits of CTC's leading qualifications including:
- utilising unparalleled mountain bike group management and skills development principles and techniques
- gain extensive knowledge and application from the world class education system that CTC are able to use
- no requirement to hold costly annual membership, or other fees - CTC has a single price policy with no additional or hidden costs
- be able to go on to the universally recognised CTC Technical MTB Bike Leader Award. and the MTB Bike Skills Instructor Award
- being part of CTC - the national cyclists' charity, the largest cycling body in the UK
- gain the benefits of CTC Cycling Activity Provider (CAP) insurance
Despite what some may claim, all mountain bike leader courses are not the same!
Fast Tracker courses can be followed relatively quickly (3 to 4 weeks) by the Technical Leader course, provided you fulfil the elements required.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
What you need
Before applying for the Fast Tracker course you will:
- Hold a MIAS or SMBLA mountain bike leader qualification or an OTC or CTC mountain bike leader training course
- Have an reasonable background in mountain biking across a wide variety of environments. This should be over years (rather than weeks) of regular and varied location riding.
- Have, or generate a log of personal and led rides.
- We recommend that you hold a valid and appropriate First Aid certificate.
Once we have received your application for the Fast Tracker course, your logbook and experience will be evaluated by CTC tutors to enable your course to be oriented to your needs, capacities and experiences - after all, we want people to achieve. Where you would gain more from the Trail Leader Award, this may be proposed as a more suitable alternative.
You will be provided with a route, and as a core CTC principle, are recommended to pre-ride the route in advance of your course.
Once you have attended the Fast Tracker course, and shown appropriate levels of competency, you are able to attend the combined training and assessment Technical Mountain Bike Leader Award course, and under certain circumstances, the MTB Skills Instructor Award.
You can also go on to deliver other CTC courses by completing the CTC Trainer Award course.