How do I register for a course place?
It's easy to register for a Cycling UK course. Make sure that you have the below information and payment method to hand, then:
- Select your preferred course, venue and date at the course calendar.
- Identify the course reference code. (If you are registering on a private course, you will already have been given your course code).
- Read our booking conditions. You will be asked to verify this on booking.
- Ring Cycling UK's booking line on 01483 238301.
- Note that all applications must be made by the applicant themselves. Due to the nature of the information we require, it is not possible to accept applications made by 3rd parties
Before calling to book
Please have the following information available (all data is used in accordance with the Data Protection Act):
- Your course reference code (see the course calendar or your confirmation email for this)
- Name and home address
- Your email address
- Next of kin details
- Your medical details. This could include but is not limited to:
- Any serious illness in the last two months (e.g. chest infection, influenza, bronchitis, ear discharge etc)
- Epilepsy, convulsions or petit mal
- Are you recovering from a broken limb?
- Are you taking any medication?
- Any learning needs (e.g. dyslexia, hearing)
- Dietary requirements
- Accepted payment methods (where required) - card details or Purchase Order details (only official purchase orders will be accepted)
Click for full booking conditions. Booking your place on a Cycling UK course is a bit like booking a holiday. It is a contract between you and Cycling UK to each do what we say we will do. Some of the key sections of the booking conditions comprise, in brief:
- You should fulfil the course pre-requisites. It is your responsibility to verify these. Course pre-requisites are shown on the related course webpage.
- You may change, cancel or amend your place on a course up until 4 weeks prior to the course start.
- Once your course is in less than 4 weeks, you are committed to paying for your course. This condition remains, should you be unable to attend for significant reasons (e.g. medical, bereavement), you will be able to claim your course costs (less any excess) through a suitable insurance (e.g. travel insurance) you may have.
- Where you are concerned about any losses which may be incurred in such a situation, it is your responsibility to arrange your own suitable insurance.
- If booking less than 4 weeks prior to your course, you are committed from the point of booking. Please ensure you have read and understood the booking conditions prior to booking.
- Occasionally, due to circumstances outside of our control, a course may not run. Cycling UK will provide you with as much notice as possible, with a minimum of 7 days' notice, excepting force majore.
- Cycling UK's qualifications require achievement of certain standards, around which the courses are built. Where all of these requirements are not met during your course, you will be required to provide further evidence or attend part or all of a future course. This may involve additional fees.
Please note that the booking staff are not able to answer technical queries about courses.
Confirming your place
When we get your application, we will:
- Initially send you an email confirming your booking.
- Send a second confirmation email with a link to your pre-course information.
- As soon as your course reaches its minimum delegate numbers, you will be sent a third email which confirms the course is going ahead.
Please ensure that you receive all three of these emails before arranging any accommodation or travel. Of course, it is always worth double checking your spam folder too!
Where you have booked on an open course, you can also access pre-course information at our downloads page.